In this episode, I explain the problem-solving process. Problem-solving is the function of human adult ego-state. Then I will discuss how value system is related to this process and ways of figuring out your values.
Problem solving steps:
1) Problem Identification
2) Set SMART goals: ex. I would like to spend at least 30 minutes a day with my partner, having no distractions in that time frame.
3) Brainstorming- Find out what makes you happy or what makes you feel better. Like being less of a pushover or playing video games.
4) Consequences: By setting these goals will there be consequences? If so, are they consequences you can deal with?
5) Make your choice- Picking a solution that you feel good about, not something you feel obligated to choose.
6) Implementation- Make sure you do it!
7) Evaluation- What worked and what didn’t?